MondoPal Partners and the GDPR
MondoPal Partners is a trademark of MondoPal. MondoPal complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which took effect on May 25, 2018.
What is the GDPR, exactly?
The GDPR is a new law that concerns itself with the handling of personal data of European Union (EU) residents. The GDPR is intended to give EU residents more visibility and control over their personal data:
- How websites, including eCommerce websites, collect data;
- Who they share it with;
- And what tracking technologies monitor them across the Internet.
What new privacy-related rights does the GDPR give EU residents?
The GDPR also gives EU residents powerful new rights such as the Right of Access, Right to Rectification, and Right to Erasure. That means that EU residents will be able to:
- Demand a copy of all the data websites have about them;
- Demand any errors in the data to be corrected;
- Request the removal of all personal data.
The GDPR also gives EU residents the right to find out if their personal data has been compromised. Stores will need to notify customers if their personal data is stolen during a breach, and do so in a timely manner.
GDPR isn’t about all information — the new rights for EU residents specifically apply to “Personal Data”.
What is personal data?
“Personal Data” means anything that can identify a person, either on its own or combined with other data. Examples include a person’s:
- Physical address or email address;
- Phone number;
- Last four credit card digits;
- Shipping tracking numbers;
- IP address.
Is MondoPal compliant?
MondoPal claims compliance with the GDPR, respecting all the rules that are binding on us.
Did this answer your question?